Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shattered, but picking up the pieces

When I went to college, I knew I wanted to teach, but I wanted a career that made more money so I chose psychology with pre-med. Well, science classes proved to be too hard for me and I realized that my heart would hurt every time I lost a patient. I kept the Psychology major because it was too late to really change without being in school for even longer than I was (5 years). When I graduated, I realized that you cannot do a whole lot with my major. So the Disney College Program became a filler for my life while I decided what I wanted to do. Well, recently my mom sent me a link to Teach for America, which would have provided me with a low-cost way to getting my teaching certificate while teaching. I got really excited for it, and spent HOURS on my application and resume. Well....I got news back today that I was NOT accepted for this broken. I was crushed. Devastated. Hurt. And now I am back to square one, which trying to decide what I am going to do with my life. The college program will be coming to a close in 3.5 months and I have no idea what I am going to do. I am going to be spending a LOT of time on my knees in prayer, hoping God will give me some clarity and an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment